Friday, March 25, 2005

How Do I Know I’ve Grown Up

I can’t smoke any of my houseplants.
2. Having sex in anything less than a Queen Size Bed is out of the question.
3. There is more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when I get up, not when I go to bed.
5. I hear my favorite song in an elevator.
6. I watch the Weather Channel.
7. My friends marry and divorce instead of "making out", "hooking up" or "breaking up."
8. I go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
10. I'm the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around me.
12. I don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. My car insurance goes down and my car payments go up because I need the comfort.
14. I feed my dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.
15. Sleeping on anything that isn’t a slab makes my back hurt.
16. I take 2 hour naps whether I like it or not.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, my stomach.
19. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."
20. I actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
21. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again." 22. 90% of the time I spend in front of a computer is for real work.
23. I drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

2 comments:

Jane said...

not a lot to look forward to when you put it like that ;)

don't feel too bad about it... somewhere in there you are thinking about life and why this happens to all of us. Better going forwards instead of backwards. I always have a problem with older people acting younger to me it's just like grow up already!!

You seem to have grown up nicely!:)

Mandar said...

hi alex! i must congratulate you on having grown up, man! i envy you! i've been trying to do that since lord knows when.... no luck yet. :-D